Started new session of class tonight at Xavier. Quick hits:
- My week-and-a-half break wasn't nearly long enough. I'm really pushing to get through this program so I keep telling myself that the time will fly by. I think I get a month off for Winter Break, so there's a bonus.
- Holy crap is it crowded! After a quiet little summer of taking classes the campus is now filled with college kids. I had to park about three hundred yards further out than I normally do. It even took me a couple of minutes to find my car; they need those Kings Island cartoon characters to help you remember your space. Note to self: it sucks wearing sandals while walking half a mile.
- I guess I had no idea how slutty college girls dress nowadays. There are probably some examples I could share with you but I won't. But it was shocking enough that I felt the need to admit it here.
- It's scary to look at a syllabus and realize the current class will take you through Christmas. I'm sitting there in shorts while reading about assignments due in December. I guess I should start my shopping.
- My Buddhism class is very promising. The professor lived over 20 years in Japan has written numerous books and articles on the topic. My current knowledge of the philosophy/religion is very limited so I look forward to further exploration.