Last week's copy of Entertainment Weekly was the summer movie preview. Kelly and I have decided that we're going to have to put Kaelyn in day-care to see all the movies coming out this summer. Many of them are sequels, but how can you go wrong with
- Pirates of The Caribbean 3
- Shrek 3
- Spiderman 3
- Oceans 13 [realizing the suck-fest that was Oceans 12, I anticipate a better showing]
- Die Hard 4
- Bourne Identity 3 [or whatever they call it]
- Harry Potter 5 [never read the books, but watched all the movies]
- Fantastic Four 2 [if that makes sense]
- Evan Almighty [follow-up to Bruce Almighty with Steve Carrell]
- The Simpsons Movie
That's more than 24 hours of footage there. And that doesn't even include any non-franchise movies that could be good.
My question is, with all the crappy movies they've been releasing lately, why do they have to cram all of these good flicks into one summer?