- Born and raised on Cincinnati's westside
- Graduated from Oak Hills High School in 1994
- Graduated from Cincinnati Christian University in 1998 (B.S. in Biblical Studies)
- Married in 1998
- Student Minister at Madeira Church of Christ
- Admissions Counselor at Cincinnati Christian University
- Graduated from Cincinnati Bible Seminary in 2002 (M.A. in Ministry)
- Associate Minister at Christ's Church at Mason,
- Founded Echo Church in 2005
- Daughter Kaelyn born in 2006
- Director of Marketing and Director of Advancement at Cincinnati Christian University
- Graduated from Xavier University in 2009 (M.A. in Theology)
- Graduated from Gordon Conwell Theological in 2014 (Doctorate in Ministry: Gospel in Church and Culture)
- Adjunct Professor at Cincinnati Christian University/Cincinnati Bible Seminary from 2008 to 2016
- Sports: former collegiate soccer player, coached women's collegiate soccer and children's SAY soccer
- Reading: entrepreneurship, creativity, history, business.
- Running: eighteen-time marathoner
- Photography: visit my Flickr page
- Professional wrestling: co-host of Leadership Suplex, a wrestling/leadership podcast
About my digital presence:
I started to dabble in web construction/design in 2003. Originally, I used Blogger to start my online journaling, but switched to Wordpress about three years in. I continued to develop my basic coding skills over the years, but recent advancements in web tools have changed the game. A couple of years ago, I switched all my sites over to Squarespace. I doubt I'll ever code again.
When I started the blog, I called it "Beit Carr;" "beit" is the Hebrew word for "house." Since the pronunciation constantly confused people, I switched it over to House of Carr and use that for my online identity. Before you ask, this was years before the Netflix series House of Cards.
Because I transitioned this blog from multiple platforms over there years, there are likely to be some broken image and hyperlinks. I apologize if that's annoying. I've tried to update those as much as possible.