- Born and raised on Cincinnati's westside
- Graduated from Oak Hills High School in 1994
- Graduated from Cincinnati Christian University in 1998 (B.S. in Biblical Studies)
- Married in 1998
- Student Minister at Madeira Church of Christ
- Admissions Counselor at Cincinnati Christian University
- Graduated from Cincinnati Bible Seminary in 2002 (M.A. in Ministry)
- Associate Minister at Christ's Church at Mason,
- Founded Echo Church in 2005
- Daughter Kaelyn born in 2006
- Director of Marketing and Director of Advancement at Cincinnati Christian University
- Graduated from Xavier University in 2009 (M.A. in Theology)
- Graduated from Gordon Conwell Theological in 2014 (Doctorate in Ministry: Gospel in Church and Culture)
- Adjunct Professor at Cincinnati Christian University/Cincinnati Bible Seminary from 2008 to 2016
- Sports: former collegiate soccer player, coached women's collegiate soccer and children's SAY soccer
- Reading: entrepreneurship, creativity, history, business.
- Running: fifteen-time marathoner
- Photography: visit my Flickr page
- Professional wrestling- Co-host of Leadership Suplex, a wrestling/leadership podcast
About my digital presence:
I learned much about web design by keeping up this site over the years. Originally, I used Blogger to start my online journaling, but switched to Wordpress about three years in. Both these sites required me to learn some basic code to make it better. The advancement of web tools over the past few years have changed the game, so this site is now running on Squarespace. I doubt I will ever need to code again.
When I started the blog, I called it "Beit Carr," with "beit" being the Hebrew word for "house." Since the pronunciation constantly confused people, I switched it over to House of Carr. Note that this was years before the popular Netflix series House of Cards, so it wasn't meant to be a play on words (even though it is now).
Finally, by switching all these sites over the years, there are likely to be some broken image and hyperlinks. I apologize if that's annoying. I've tried to update the site as best as possible and hopefully you can find what you're looking for.